now have the ability to import adjusting journals via the Import function.
we begin, it is important to note that you must have your journals divided into
the following required and optional columns.
Entry - The journal entry number. We recommend following CaseWare's
default entry of 1, 2,3...
- Date -
The period end date of the period the entry is recorded in.
Entry Description - Reason the entry is being processed.
Number - The accounts being adjusted.
- Amounts -
The amounts correlated to each account that's being adjusted.
- Entity -
The entity's abbreviation if you have a Consolidation file.
an example, if you were importing 2 journals, the Journals should be structured
like the one below:
you have your spreadsheet setup as the format above, follow these instructions
to import your adjusting entry.
1. Open your engagement file. From the ribbons, select Engagement tab
| Import > Excel File...
2. Select Adjusting
Journal Entries from the Components to import drop-down.
3. Browse for
your Excel file that contains all the journals required to be
4. Click Next to
5. Exclude any non-essential rows in your Excel spreadsheet such as Title and
6. Click Next to
7. The Adjusting entry defaults will load from the engagement file you are
importing into. You will not need to change anything in here.
note that the Type of journal can be modified post import.
8. Click Next to
9. Ensure you identify the columns as indicated in the Excel document. Refer to
screenshot below for example.
10. Click Next to
11. Click Import.
12. Browse to your Adjusting Entries screen and open the Adjustments pick-list
and you should see your new journals in the list. \